Virginie Provonost from The Wonderful World of Cinema nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award, which – holy cow! – I sure wasn’t expecting. I had the good fortune to contribute to her 4th Wonderful Grace Kelly Blogathon back in November, where I wrote about the history of the Hermès Kelly Bag, so I have to thank Virginie again for being a great host and nice person.
The rules of the award are pretty fun, and a charming way to give shout-outs to some blogs that I’ve enjoyed keeping up:
Since I’ve joined this community a few months back, I’ve discovered so many blogs with interests similar to mine. So many of these writers have already been nominated, so I’ll try to keep this brief. In no particular order, here are some folks with great tastes!
- Champagne for Lunch
- Pale Writer
- Film Perspective
- Cinema Catharsis
- Typewriter Review
- The Blonde at the Film
- In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood
- Grand Old Movies
And if anyone’s much interested in my trivia, here are seven random facts:
- I’ve never been to Paris, but I harbor dreams of living at Shakespeare & Company.
- Like George Constanza, I can tell you the best public restroom in any major neighborhood in Manhattan and Los Angeles.
- My favorite weekends are spent at estate sales and flea markets.
- All throughout college, I went to Disneyland every Sunday.
- One night in Elgin, Illinois, I witnessed a UFO hovering in the sky 👽
- I have a passion for aviation and I’d like to learn to fly some day.
- If I could time-travel back to one historical event, it’d be either the 1889 Exposition Universelle or the 1966 New York World’s Fair.
I hope everyone’s having a good New Year so far. Any resolutions? I’ve been hibernating from the winter this past December and now that I’ve a little down-time in real life, the regularity of my posts will resume. Lots of old movies to talk about. G’day all!